|Why is PMP® valuable to individuals?
Rapid growth of global markets is forcing organizations to become more flexible & responsive. Introduction of total quality management, continuous improvement programs & the drive to radically redesign business processes requires project management skills. Successful & effective implementation of change employs specific skills, which are no more the domain of a few technical professionals. Proficiency in these skills is a prerequisite to managing change & growth at all levels. Project management provides a structured and organized way to achieve success every time.
The Project Management Professional (PMP®) certification is one of the most sought after certifications in the growing profession of project management. The Project Management Institute’s (www.pmi.org) PMP® credential recognizes demonstrated knowledge and skill in leading and directing project teams and in delivering project results within the constraints of schedule, budget and resources. Almost 70% of project management positions require PMP certification and much of the remainder consider having a PMP as a preferred asset. Many proposals, including government proposals are now requiring vendors to provide a PMP to manage their projects.
About the PMP® Certification Exam
The PMP Certification Exam assesses the adeptness of a professional in applying the knowledge, skills, tools, and methods that are used in project management. Our PMP exam preparation course is the best method to prepare for the exam in a short time and with higher likelihood of success.
This class includes an overview of the PMP exam process, a review of the project management processes; knowledge and process areas; tools and techniques for the PMP exam; overview of formulas and theories. Participants will be put through exam questions throughout this class.
So How Does It Work?
- The PMP Exam is comprised of 200 multiple-choice questions. A key reference is PMBOK Fourth Edition, plus some additional topics.
- Of the 200 questions, 25 are pre-test questions. Pre-test questions do not affect the candidate’s score. The pre-test questions are randomly placed throughout the course.
- To pass the candidate must answer a minimum of 106 of the 175 questions correctly.
- The allotted time to complete the examination is 4 hours. This 4-hour is preceded by a 15-minute computer tutorial.
Preparation-Risk-Free and Guaranteed to pass
- Application: The first step is to fill out an online application form documenting your relevant experience and submit the form to PMI for approval (www.pmi.org). You have to demonstrate a minimum amount of experience conducting project leadership activities (your title may not be ‘project manager’). The experience you need depends upon whether you have a university degree or not.
- With a University degree, you need to demonstrate a minimum of 4,500 hours of project management experience in a position of responsibility, at least 3 years of PM experience in a 6-year period prior to application and 35 hours of contact time.
- With no University degree, you need to demonstrate a minimum of 7,500 hours of project management experience in a position of responsibility, at least 5 years of PM experience in an 8-year period prior to application and 35 hours of contact time.
- If your application is approved, you will be directed to a secure site to make your payment. At the time this paper was printed, the fee was USD 405 for PMI members.
We strongly recommend that you take the My ERP Partners Intensive PMP Exam preparation course to help you study for the exam. The training is very comprehensive and helps you learn PMBOK Fourth Edition and other detailed reference material that is required to pass the exam. The training is led by an instructor with many years of experience in training hundreds of participants for the PMP Certification exam. We go through many exercises, intellectual material and sample questions to test your knowledge and better prepare you for the exam. We guarantee that you will pass the exam, assuming you have attended all the sessions, completed all class work and having your memory map memorized. If for some reason, you do not pass your PMP exam, your instructor will create a personalized coaching program to help you overcome your weak areas.
Please contact us to register or to have any question answered.
PMP Exam Prep Course Outline